Drain Tiles to protect your Vancouver home from water damage
Lets talk about drain tiles….
One of the most horrible issue that a home owner can face is when they discover puddles of water in their basement or other enclosed areas of their home. Finding the symptoms of a leak can prove to be elusive and many issues are left unattended for years on end, it isn’t until these issues cause a foundation crack that people consider hiring the services of professional plumbers.
If the source of the leak is detected at the right time every home owner can save a substantial amount of money, but as mentioned before finding the source of the leak can be very difficult. This is due to the fact that the source could be anything from a leaky pipe to rain water, this is where drain tiles step in to alleviate every homeowner’s concerns. These drain tiles are specifically being designed to make sure that water does not accumulate in your basement, yard or any other area for that matter. These drain tiles have been around for quite some time now and now have become a core feature in homes all around the world, especially in low laying areas.
What are drain tiles?
Drain tiles are also commonly known as weeping tiles, they are basically porous four inch pipes that discharge underground water. These porous tiles are made out of plastic and are installed facing upwards, either under the basement or outside the perimeter of the house. When the ground water rises the water will flow into the pipes and will be discharged away from the house. Although the installation process may sound easy, but it actually requires a degree of dexterity and can only be installed by professionals.
Different applications of drain tiles
Since these Vancouver drain tiles have been introduced its applications have proved to be endless as it is currently being used in residential, commercial and agriculture settings. Some of the most profound applications of these unique systems are:
- Farm drainage: one of the key elements that limits crop growth is over saturation, basically the extra water levels kills the crops. But drain tiles can easily be used to rectify this issue.
- Irrigation: Drain tiles are not being used as one of the most important components of irrigation systems. These pipes allow farmers to effectively distribute water to the appropriate areas.
- Backyard drainage: Our backyards are often the first place to get affected by any water damage, but drain tiles can easily be used to protect such low lying areas.
- Basement drainage: Currently the most prominent application of drain pipes is in basements. It does not matter where the water accumulates from, these pipes will drain water away from the basement.
Characteristics of drain tiles
Give below are some characteristics of drain tiles,
- Includes perforated holes for drainage
- Pipes are immersed in a bed of stone
- The pipes are circular in shape
- Drain pipes vary in size
- PVC drain tiles normally include 10 feet of pipes
- Corrugated ABS drain tiles are flexible and go up till 3000 ft.
Call the Professionals
Operating in the Greater Vancouver area, John G Plumbing is one of the few reliable plumbing companies which have been serving customers for more than 10 years. You can entrust us with solving all your plumbing issues, regardless of whether you require new piping to be done or have a clogged drain which is giving you a headache. Call us at (604) 722-9452 today and get all your plumbing issues resolved quickly.
Why choose us ?
1. Affordability. John G Plumbing prices are always affordable and reasonable – in our industry.
2. Instant response. Water leakage is an emergency, we at John G Plumbing know that if there is a Plumbing Emergency we need to act fast !
3. Meticulous care.
4. Reliable and Friendly team.