If you’re planning a renovation or new construction project, John G Plumbing is the perfect choice for all your plumbing needs.
Our experienced professionals offer a unique blend of expertise and innovation to every job, ensuring that your project is executed with precision and care working with your timeline. From integrating modern fixtures to managing gas line adjustments, we transform spaces with a commitment to excellence.
At John G Plumbing, we are not only dedicated to exceptional service but are also committed to honest hard work.
What do I need to keep in mind for a plumbing renovation?
Renovation jobs – big or small – are done with the same careful attention to detail and quality as any other plumbing job.
Bathroom renovations may involve rearranging plumbing fixtures such as the tub, shower, sink, vanity, and toilet to create more space, or simply replacing existing fixtures.
Other things to keep in mind:
- If you have purchased an older home, it may contain Poly B piping.
- Is your home on a slope? This is important to know for drainage.
- Do you have any existing leaks in your old pipes?
- Older toilets use more water than newer builds, so it might be worthwhile to upgrade to a more efficient unit even if yours isn’t broken. This will help save on your water bill.
What sort of things will a plumber help with when building a new custom-built home?
With our expertise, John G Plumbing can help make the process of a new custom-built home plumbing project smooth and hassle-free.
Prior to commencing work on any new construction plumbing project, with your vision in mind, we carefully examine your plans and specifications, assess the fixtures you have selected or assist you in finding your preferred options.
The process of plumbing new construction in a nutshell:
1) All connections for the supply and waste systems from the building to the public utilities are located, and the drains are connected to the main service. The main water line will also be installed.
2) All the drains, vent pipes, and water lines, as well as bathtubs (clawfoot tubs are installed in the finishing phase), showers, or shower bases that will be connected to the house, are installed. At this stage, holes will be cut in the wall, ceiling, or floor to attach or hang pipes for fixture connection, and the pipes for the building’s various supply and waste systems will also be installed. Gas lines will also need to be installed before the drywall is put up. All installations are tested for leaks before the walls are closed up.
3) All fixtures such as sinks, showers, and toilet appliances, as well as dishwashers, water purification systems, water heaters etc., along with gas appliances, are installed and tested for leaks.
“Definitely our go-to plumber. John and his team have helped us repair and upgrade our plumbing multiple times. Always discusses our options with us and ensures things are done correct and to code.”
(Image from Navien website)
What about gas fitting?
John G Plumbing, is a certified FortisBC Trade Ally Network Member gas fitter (TSL: LGA0208853).
At John G Plumbing, we provide a range of services including installation of new natural gas and propane lines, gas hot water tanks, tankless on-demand water heaters, combi boilers, barbeque boxes and other gas appliances. You can rely on us to handle your plumbing and gas needs safely and efficiently. We are committed to ensuring that the job is done right, giving you the peace of mind you deserve.
Do you install heated floors?
Absolutely! There’s nothing quite like having a warm kitchen or bathroom floor in the mornings, especially out here on the west coast.
“John G repaired our in-floor heating system. Gave us options and sound advice. He arrived when he said he would. He was thorough and ‘all business’. The man takes pride in his work. I like this guy. Wish all my dealings with the trades went this well. Thanks John!”
Can I trust John G Plumbing? I don’t want to get ripped off.
At John G Plumbing, we value our customers the most by our honest work! But don’t take our word for it!
Check out our testimonials and reviews.
“John does quality work and communicates options clearly. He showed up for our booking and even worked late to complete the job. Price he quoted is the price he billed.”
“Conner came and installed my new hot water heater, great very skilled guy. I had lots of questions prior to install, and always had a logical honest answer. I trust John g to not rip me off….”